"Yemaya: Mother of the Deep" at the Electric Lodge

There are so many things that connect us.  Yemaya is one of them.  Woven into the fabric of our lives her name is chanted and her spirit is called in ceremony and song.  I was so excited when I saw our sister Diana's post sharing information on this upcoming performance.  The first thing I said was "I know what I'm doing for my birthday this year!"  I celebrate Yemaya in my writings and look forward to being in the company of people who know. 


From the Electric Lodge website (livearts@electriclodge.org):
Yemanja: Mother of the Deep is an inspirational performance piece; a creative interplay of Live music, song and dance that will engage and transport its audience to a journey evoking the transformative spirit of the sea. Dive into a world of myths and legends of Yemanja, the revered water goddess and universal mother figure, set to the eclectic soundtrack of driving polyrhythms, ethereal harmonies, spoken word and Kimberly Miguel Mullen's solo movement performance. Music composed by producer Alberto Lopez (Belu Music) will accompany texts penned by critically acclaimed songstress Mia Doi Todd.  For Information and Tickets: www.kimberlymiguelmullen.com

Comments

Popular Posts